Streaming NXT ArRival:
WRESTLING. EXCITEMENT. STUFF. I’ll be starting at 9pm GMT. Until then I’ll be playing random wrestling clips just to start off. After the MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING, maybe more NXT (with NXT Takeover or just random episodes).
Personally, my goal is to get everyone into NXT because it’s fun and it’s great. It’s also a chance to watch one of the greatest matches ever in a wrestling ring. Thankfully, that’s the first match on the card. I’ll be typing in chat as we go. Have fun!
ヽ(°◇° )ノ Five Days at Freddy’s ヽ( °◇°)ノ
this is on a whole new level of patience
This is natural art.
That Rice Napoleon though…
DashCon is a first-year fandom convention for Tumblr users. It is happening this weekend and turning into possibly the largest convention kerfuffle anyone has ever seen.
- Due to the DashCon staff done diddly goofin’ by not putting a payment schedule in their hotel reservation contract, they were asked to pay $20,000 by 10 PM last night or the convention would be kicked out of the hotel. They asked attendees and Tumblr users to donate $17,000 via PayPal and cash to keep the con going - and they supposedly raised all of the money. Con attendees then piled into the ballroom to do Mockingjay salutes and wail Freddie Mercury songs to celebrate them falling for what is suspected to be a scam (as people have contacted the hotel to ask about this “$17,000 fee” and the hotel reportedly has no idea what they’re talking about).
- You can attend wonderfully informative panels like this at DashCon:
- DashCon claimed there would be 3,000-7,000 attendees. There are 1,000 at most and all of them are white kids in flower crowns who are rioting for the anti-sexualization of women in media while simultaneously running panels about “homoerotic subtext in fandoms and finding the gay ships for YOUR fandoms!!!”
- The con didn’t have the money to cover WTNV’s transportation and performance fees. When WTNV asked them to pay the remainder of their performance fee prior to the panel beginning, DashCon was unable to do so, and WTNV walked out as they are positively free to do because what the fuck you don’t invite keystone guests if you aren’t able to pay their fees upfront (and showing them your PayPal balance on a smartphone absolutely does not count).
- It’s being speculated that Steam Powered Giraffe was not even booked properly in the first place.
- A full weekend badge was $65 dollars for a first-year fandom con jesus christ that’s almost the price of most full-fledged comic cons.
The list continues but so far it’s only the con’s second day and it is quite literally the most dramatic, hysterically cringe-worthy convention debacle I have ever seen unfold.
Adding some updates as of 7/12 at 7:35 PM EST:
- The game room consists of some tables, one TV, and one gaming console. No, really, that’s it.
- DashCon proves they have possibly the worst PR team ever when addressing the WTNV cancellation. Instead of clearly explaining the situation, they say they “don’t want to get into it,” and then offer compensation for those who bought advanced seating tickets for the Night Vale show. What’s the compensation? An extra hour playing in the ball pit (which is really just a slowly-deflating children’s pool with some balls in it). Oh, and if there’s room, you may get one of the first-come-first-serve spots at the Time Crash concert happening tonight. Huzzah!
- Most panels are completely disorganized. The “Name That Anime” panel was even handing out hotel mints as prizes for correctly answering questions like “what’s the anime where they fight with clothes!!!”
- This still needs verification, but supposedly there are minors being let into the 18+ panels (like “BDSM 101”), which DashCon could easily get sued for allowing. Not that they have the money for it.
- It’s been pointed out that as a Marriott hotel, the Renaissance would have required them to submit their full reservation payment 5 days in advance of the event. Therefore it’s very, very likely that the “$17,000 fundraising” was a huge scam. Because DashCon would’ve had to pay that money 5 days before this weekend or the event wouldn’t even be happening in the first place.
- Furthermore, someone attempted to debunk the letter that DashCon posted to prove that the hotel asked for money. Not all their points are valid (i.e. “RE:” is commonly used for “Regarding”, not just in response to previous communication, and idk but this dude doesn’t strike me as an expert on internal Marriott stationary), but frankly the letter looks sketchy if only because
17000%99% of it is whited out. Is it real? Is it fake? We just don’t know.
- There has been no confirmation that the money donated in cash and via PayPal last night ever made it to the hotel (if that was indeed where it was intended to go).
- People are demanding full or at least partial refunds. Needs verification, but purportedly DashCon has a list at the con where you can sign your name and the amount you donated to be refunded later. Which sounds like a totally effective and not at all easily-abused system.
- Attendees are either in denial saying this is the best con ever or they’re crying and having panic attacks. Welcome to Tumblr.
And as a bonus: DashCon originally ran an IndieGoGo campaign last year to raise $5,000 to start their convention. They raised $4,000. The campaign ended in April 2013 and rewards have still not been sent out (which consisted of tea bags, a couple business cards with your Tumblr URL on them, and if you donated $500+, some knick-knacks from Etsy).
The full story for those wondering what the hell is happening.
I hadnt heard of dashcon but wow this is bullshitI’ve never done more than work at the reg counter at my home con but from talking to higher up folks I’ve got a bit if an idea as to how much money and planning cons take. And holy shit I’m absolutely disgusted and appalled by how this clusterfuck is being run.
I feel bad for attendees, guests, and people who donated. Christ.
Ｉ ＷＡＮＴ ＴＯ ＧＥＴ ＯＦＦ ＤＡＳＨＣＯＮ’Ｓ ＷＩＬＤ ＲＩＤＥ.
Why have I still not seen any photos or videos of this madness yet?
Nintendo Comic Peach > Any other Peach.
Super Mario Headcanon: Mario saves Peach just because he’s afraid of what she might do if Bowser ever actually made her angry.
Anyone who has played Super Smash Bros can confirm that Peach totally does kick much ass <3
Casual reminder that in 3D World, it’s Peach who immediately goes chasing after Bowser first to wreck him up. The other three just follow her lead.
New Big Hero 6 posters! First official look at all the main characters! Which one is your favorite?
I’m hoping this movie will be better than Frozen. I don’t expect it to do as well in the box office, but oh well. It certainly looks more fun on paper.
I didn’t read the original comic I’ll confess, so I can’t really comment on the characters too much in terms of accuracy. But Baymax looks great, and I think I might end up liking Fred Zilla. Hiro looking like Hiccup bothers me far more than Honey looking like Rapunzel though.