ヽ(°◇° )ノ Five Days at Freddy’s ヽ( °◇°)ノ
this is on a whole new level of patience
This is natural art.
That Rice Napoleon though…
DashCon is a first-year fandom convention for Tumblr users. It is happening this weekend and turning into possibly the largest convention kerfuffle anyone has ever seen.
- Due to the DashCon staff done diddly goofin’ by not putting a payment schedule in their hotel reservation contract, they were asked to pay $20,000 by 10 PM last night or the convention would be kicked out of the hotel. They asked attendees and Tumblr users to donate $17,000 via PayPal and cash to keep the con going - and they supposedly raised all of the money. Con attendees then piled into the ballroom to do Mockingjay salutes and wail Freddie Mercury songs to celebrate them falling for what is suspected to be a scam (as people have contacted the hotel to ask about this “$17,000 fee” and the hotel reportedly has no idea what they’re talking about).
- You can attend wonderfully informative panels like this at DashCon:
- DashCon claimed there would be 3,000-7,000 attendees. There are 1,000 at most and all of them are white kids in flower crowns who are rioting for the anti-sexualization of women in media while simultaneously running panels about “homoerotic subtext in fandoms and finding the gay ships for YOUR fandoms!!!”
- The con didn’t have the money to cover WTNV’s transportation and performance fees. When WTNV asked them to pay the remainder of their performance fee prior to the panel beginning, DashCon was unable to do so, and WTNV walked out as they are positively free to do because what the fuck you don’t invite keystone guests if you aren’t able to pay their fees upfront (and showing them your PayPal balance on a smartphone absolutely does not count).
- It’s being speculated that Steam Powered Giraffe was not even booked properly in the first place.
- A full weekend badge was $65 dollars for a first-year fandom con jesus christ that’s almost the price of most full-fledged comic cons.
The list continues but so far it’s only the con’s second day and it is quite literally the most dramatic, hysterically cringe-worthy convention debacle I have ever seen unfold.
Adding some updates as of 7/12 at 7:35 PM EST:
- The game room consists of some tables, one TV, and one gaming console. No, really, that’s it.
- DashCon proves they have possibly the worst PR team ever when addressing the WTNV cancellation. Instead of clearly explaining the situation, they say they “don’t want to get into it,” and then offer compensation for those who bought advanced seating tickets for the Night Vale show. What’s the compensation? An extra hour playing in the ball pit (which is really just a slowly-deflating children’s pool with some balls in it). Oh, and if there’s room, you may get one of the first-come-first-serve spots at the Time Crash concert happening tonight. Huzzah!
- Most panels are completely disorganized. The “Name That Anime” panel was even handing out hotel mints as prizes for correctly answering questions like “what’s the anime where they fight with clothes!!!”
- This still needs verification, but supposedly there are minors being let into the 18+ panels (like “BDSM 101”), which DashCon could easily get sued for allowing. Not that they have the money for it.
- It’s been pointed out that as a Marriott hotel, the Renaissance would have required them to submit their full reservation payment 5 days in advance of the event. Therefore it’s very, very likely that the “$17,000 fundraising” was a huge scam. Because DashCon would’ve had to pay that money 5 days before this weekend or the event wouldn’t even be happening in the first place.
- Furthermore, someone attempted to debunk the letter that DashCon posted to prove that the hotel asked for money. Not all their points are valid (i.e. “RE:” is commonly used for “Regarding”, not just in response to previous communication, and idk but this dude doesn’t strike me as an expert on internal Marriott stationary), but frankly the letter looks sketchy if only because
17000%99% of it is whited out. Is it real? Is it fake? We just don’t know.
- There has been no confirmation that the money donated in cash and via PayPal last night ever made it to the hotel (if that was indeed where it was intended to go).
- People are demanding full or at least partial refunds. Needs verification, but purportedly DashCon has a list at the con where you can sign your name and the amount you donated to be refunded later. Which sounds like a totally effective and not at all easily-abused system.
- Attendees are either in denial saying this is the best con ever or they’re crying and having panic attacks. Welcome to Tumblr.
And as a bonus: DashCon originally ran an IndieGoGo campaign last year to raise $5,000 to start their convention. They raised $4,000. The campaign ended in April 2013 and rewards have still not been sent out (which consisted of tea bags, a couple business cards with your Tumblr URL on them, and if you donated $500+, some knick-knacks from Etsy).
The full story for those wondering what the hell is happening.
I hadnt heard of dashcon but wow this is bullshitI’ve never done more than work at the reg counter at my home con but from talking to higher up folks I’ve got a bit if an idea as to how much money and planning cons take. And holy shit I’m absolutely disgusted and appalled by how this clusterfuck is being run.
I feel bad for attendees, guests, and people who donated. Christ.
Ｉ ＷＡＮＴ ＴＯ ＧＥＴ ＯＦＦ ＤＡＳＨＣＯＮ’Ｓ ＷＩＬＤ ＲＩＤＥ.
Why have I still not seen any photos or videos of this madness yet?
Nintendo Comic Peach > Any other Peach.
Super Mario Headcanon: Mario saves Peach just because he’s afraid of what she might do if Bowser ever actually made her angry.
Anyone who has played Super Smash Bros can confirm that Peach totally does kick much ass <3
Casual reminder that in 3D World, it’s Peach who immediately goes chasing after Bowser first to wreck him up. The other three just follow her lead.
New Big Hero 6 posters! First official look at all the main characters! Which one is your favorite?
I’m hoping this movie will be better than Frozen. I don’t expect it to do as well in the box office, but oh well. It certainly looks more fun on paper.
I didn’t read the original comic I’ll confess, so I can’t really comment on the characters too much in terms of accuracy. But Baymax looks great, and I think I might end up liking Fred Zilla. Hiro looking like Hiccup bothers me far more than Honey looking like Rapunzel though.
The Lupin Central Racing League is a new way to interact with fellow Lupin III fans - through the medium of video games!
Participants in the league will go head to head in a month long competition, racing over the Internet on the Nintendo Wii U Mario Kart 8 software. At the end of the competition, racers that finish first, second and third position will receive a prize each!
Willing participants will require a Wii U system, a stable broadband connection to the Internet and a copy of the recently released Mario Kart 8.
Ensure your system is connected to your wireless router (or wired, if using the Wii U LAN adapter) and begin the game. From the title screen, select “Online - One (or) Two Player.” Once loaded, select “Tournaments” from the next screen. Proceed to search for the phrase “Lupin Racing League" and the tournament will appear atop of the search results.
After selecting the tournament, the game will prompt you for a pass-code. That code is as follows:
Feel free to share the code with family and friends, the more racers the merrier! There is no limit as to how many can join.
The tournament will officially begin at 3PM PDT / 6PM EDT / 11PM BST on Saturday the 14th of June. It will then run on for a month, ending at 6PM PDT / 9PM EDT / 2AM BST on Sunday the 13th of July (14th for those in Europe.)
While the tournament does not begin for another week, racers can still join early and partake in practise matches. Points earn’t here will not count towards the final table - so don’t get too carried away!
A registered address will be required to receive your prize. If you are not willing to give us an address privately, you cannot receive a prize. If you live abroad, please allow several weeks for the delivery of your prize. Customs charges are not included as part of the winnings and are not the responsibility of the sender.
Here are the tournament rules. If you wish make a suggestion regarding these, feel free to throw me a message or an ask on Tumblr:
1 x NTSC DVD box set of the original 1971 Green Jacket Lupin III series - released in the US by Discotek Media.
1 x NTSC DVD copy of the very first Lupin III TV special, Bye Bye, Lady Liberty - released in the US by Discotek Media.
Same as above - 1 x NTSC DVD copy of the very first Lupin III TV special, Bye Bye, Lady Liberty.
The advantage to having an always open lobby means that fans from around the world can meet up and race whenever is convenient for them! Whether you live in France, Japan or Scotland - the tournament room will always be open for you whenever you want!
We encourage people to meet up with their friends and rivals in the tournament room whenever is most convenient for them - feel free to use Tumblr tags and posts to arrange this. If you don’t have anyone to race against, then no worries! CPU characters will be ready and waiting to race.
We will be having official race meet up sessions in the room every Saturday and Sunday at 3PM PDT / 6PM EDT / 11PM BST. Come join us for (hopefully) a full lobby!
Anybody can upload race highlights to YouTube and the Miiverse directly from their Wii U system. We will also be capturing our own and will post them onto the site every Monday.
Can my friend / family member / aunts sisters pet dog join the league?
Sure! Please feel free to share the league and invite others. Send out the code, get people involved and most importantly, have fun!
Remember though… prize winners will be asked to send in their address - which will be kept private - as so they can receive their winnings.
I don’t have much free time, can I still join?
Of course. The league lobby will be open all hours of the day to anyone with the knowledge of the pass-code.
Feel free to rack up on points whenever you get a chance. If you cannot attend a meet up and no-one is available to race, some tricky CPU controlled characters will be there waiting!
I don’t think I would do very well - I’m out of practise!
Anybody with any skill level can join. You don’t have to be Nico Rosberg if you want to stand a chance at winning!
Points will be awarded depending on position, just as they are in any Mario Kart Grand Prix mode. Even those lower down in the table should be awarded with points, albeit less than those at the top!
Why don’t we have a traditional style tournament with set races?
The Lupin fan base consists of people from all around the world, living in totally different time zones. Picking a set day and time could be convenient for racers from one country, but not from another!
Cancellations are more damaging with this method too. Some people may not be free to race due to issues out of their control, which can cause issues with match-ups.
With an always open lobby, neither of these issues matter! Join in whenever you like, wherever you like!
What is Mario Kart 8?
Check out the games official website on Nintendo.com right here!
SPIDER-MAN THE VIDEO GAME (2000)
H-how is Daredevil playing cards?